The word trivia comes from the Latin trivium which is the place where three roads meet, a public square. People would gather and talk about all sorts of matters, most of which were trivial. .. More >>
Rules to play Petanque
Strategy and Technique
Though the rules for petanque are relatively simple, the strategy can become sophisticated.
There are limited boules to point shoot, and different player experiences with shooting and
pointing as well as different areas in the terrain to work with.
Some basic strategy includes
1. pointing your boules so that they rest in front and in the way of your opponents
boules. This boule in front not only presents a barrier to your opponent, but that
boule can be accidentally pushed closer to the cochon by an opponents boule.
2. keeping track of how many boules your opponent has left to play so that you know
what shooting risks you can take.
3. leaving an open path to the cochon for others on your team to point.
4. leaving a wall in front of the cochon to keep your opponents boules away.
5. using an opponents boule as a backstop when pointing to the cochon.