How much do you know about terms used in different sports? (4)
1. What, in golf, is the name given to a free shot awarded informally after a particularly poor shot e.g. an air shot ( a miss)?
2. What, in cricket, is the term for an off-break ball bowled with an apparent leg- break action?
3. What, in yachting, is the triangular staysail stretched from the outer end of the jib-boom to the fore-topmast?
4. What is the throw used in wrestling, to pitch an opponent head first over one's hip?
5. What name is given, in canoeing, to a 360 degree roll, beginning and ending above water, but passing 180 degrees under water?
6. What, in rugby, is a ruck in which the ball remains off the ground?
7. What, in ice skating, is the jump called, in which the skater takes off from the outside back- edge of one skate, and lands, after full rotation, on the outside back edge of the other?
8. What, in volleyball, is the one-handed attacking shot from above and across the net called?
9. What do they call it in baseball, when the batting side advance safely to bases, without the striker hitting the ball?
10. What is the name, in curling, of the centre point of the house?
11. What is the title of the person in a cycling team, who is responsible for taking care of the physical and mental health and preparation of the cyclists?
12. What, in squash, is the lower line on the wall called, above which all shots must be played?
13. What, in American football, is a 'shotgun'?
14. What is a karate school called?
15. What, in judo, is the break of a hold called?