How much do you know about terms used in different sports? (3)
1. What in wrestling , is the one-handed throw whereby the arm is whipped back and forth forcing the opponent into a somersault in mid-air?
2. What is a front somersault with a half twist called in trampolining?
3. What in golf, is the short grass between fairway and approach to the green called?
4. What in cricket, is a ball bowled short and fast to force the batsman to take evasive action?
5. What in skiing, is the turn in which the skis are kept parallel, used for stopping short?
6. What is it called in squash, when a player loses a point on his service?
7. What, in American football, is each of a fixed number of attempts to advance the ball 10 yards?
8. What is the name given to a participant in a judo contest?9.What is it called in Association football, when a player passes the ball between the legs of an opponent, and then runs around him to collect it?
10. What is the large triangular sail carried forward or opposite the main sail in yacht racing?
11. What is it called, in rugby, when the ball is touched down behind the opponent's goal line?
12. What are the outer lines of a tennis court called?
13. What is the grand champion called in sumo wrestling?
14. What, in curling, is the heavy 'top' with a handle, which is aimed at the 'house'?
15. What is it called in basketball, when two opponents both have such a grip of the ball that neither can gain possession?