How much do you know about Association football? (15)
1. Which English Premier Division club plays its home games at The Stadium of Light?
2. What year were caps first awarded to English players chosen for international duty?
3. In 1894 one club supplied all eleven players for an England v Wales match. Which club?
4. England's first away defeat in an international came in 1929.Who was the opposition?
5. England's first home defeat in an international came in 1953.Who was the opposition?
6. Who was elected the first European Footballer of the year in 1956?
7. Which English League team play its home games at the Modejski Stadium?
8. Who was elected the first World Footballer of the year in 1991?
9. In 1998, 1999 and 2000 the Professional Footballers Association and the Football Writers agreed on their Player of the Year. In 2000 it was Roy Keane, in 1999 it was David Ginola.Who was it in 1998?
10. Which two teams qualify to play in the English Football Association's Charity Shield match?
11. Who was the first player to be sent off in an FA Cup final?
12. Who was the Manchester City goalkeeper who broke his neck in the 1956 FA Cup final?
13. Two non-league clubs have participated in every FA Cup competition since 1872.One is Maidenhead,What is the name of the other?
14. In which World Cup competition were England put out in the first round by the USA, 1-0?
15. In which country other than England and Scotland are there two league teams called Everton and Rangers?
Benefits of Turnips
Too many free radicals in the body cause oxidation of bad cholesterol and clumping of platelets in our body, thus leading to atherosclerosis, a condition that damages the blood vessels. Vitamins E, C and beta carotene in turnip roots and greens are excellent antioxidants that fight free radicals in the body. Thus, regular consumption of turnips prevents the development and progression of this condition.