How much do you know about figures on the world scene? (7)
1. Who Is the Zimbabwean guerrilla leader who became Prime Minister in 1980 and President in 1987? His one-party rule has led to economic disaster and unrest.
2. Who was the president, virtual dictator of Haiti from 1957 to 1971, protected by his private security force the 'Tonton Macoutes'?
3. Who was the Irish Prime Minister who signed the Anglo-Irish agreement 1985?
4. What was the name of the Turkish-born assassin whose attempt on the life of the Pope John Paul II in 1981 was very nearly successful?
5. What was the name of the disturbed young man who made an attempt on the life of President Reagan in March 1981?
6. What was the name of the disturbed young man who murdered John Lennon in 1980?
7. Who is the British labour politician who was Chancellor of the Exchequer 1964-67; Home Secretary 1967-70, and Prime Minister 1976 - 79?
8. Who is the German Social Democrat politician who was chancellor 1974 - 83? He continued Brandt's 'Ostpolitik' whilst championing NATO and Europe.
9. Who is the French centre-right politician, Minister of Finance 1962-66 and 1969-74, President 1974-81, founder and leader of the UDF party until 1996?
10. Who was the Prime Minister of Spain in the period immediately following Franco's death?
11. What was the name of the family who held Nicaragua like a family fiefdom until their regime was overthrown by the Sandinistas in 1979?
12. By what name was the Croatian communist soldier/politician Josip Broz, virtual dictator of Yugoslavia from 1943 until his death in 1980, better known?
13. What was the name of the Queen of the Netherlands who abdicated in 1980 in favour of her daughter Beatrix?
14. Which former Irish Minister of Justice was tried on the charge of illegally importing arms. acquitted and went on to become Prime Minister (1979) ?
15. Who was the art historian and Surveyor of the Queen's pictures who turned out to have been a Russian spy as well?
Famous Markets Of India
Have you ever Shopped in a Thieves Market without being caught? If you havent ever then here is the chance to be in one of the most famous markets of Delhi the Chor Bazar. This unique Thieves Market, situated in Old Delhi, it has all the sorts of hardware and kitchen wares coming to this market.
From the Electronic Items to the Designer Clothes all can be found in this Market with Patent or without Patent. All sorts of Items make their way here and all the buyings from this market are legalised. Once you enter the Chor Bazar, there is nothing which cannot be found here. Items come cheap with the lifeline short. Some can also be good ones but it is upto the buyer who is buying the stuff. No Guarantors or Warrantors here. Only the Verbal Assurance and the past experience of the Local Buyers work in the Chor Bazar. It is upto you, if you want to go by their word or not.