How much do you know about figures on the world scene? (6)
1. Who is the former communist leader who became President of Serbia and initiated a policy of ethnic cleansing in the province of Kosovo in the late '90's?
2. Who is the revolutionary who overthrew King Idris of Libya in 1969 and became the country's president? He has been associated with many international acts of terrorism.
3. Who was the Cambodian communist and leader of the Khmer Rouge? After overthrowing the government in 1975 he slaughtered approximately two million Cambodians.
4. Who was the Iranian Shiite leader who returned from exile to Iran in 1979 and established a fundamentalist Islamic republic, executing thousands of opponents?
5. Who is the President of Iraq, renowned for the savagery of his repression of ethnic minorities and the invasion of Kuwait in 1990? His fanatical hatred of Israel may yet lead to the destruction of all life on earth.
6. Who was the Czech communist leader, who ruthlessly restored control after the Prague Spring of 1968, until he was deposed in the popular uprising of 1989?
7. Who was the much despised East German communist leader from 1973 to 1989?
8. Who is the Chilean military dictator who took over the presidency following the coup which ousted President Allende in 1973 and ruled ruthlessly until 1989?
9. Who is the Ugandan who led the coup which deposed Milton Obote in 1971 and made himself President? His reign of terror ended in 1979. He now lives in Saudi Arabia.
10. Who was the leader of the Chinese Communist Party from1935 until his death in 1976, during which time his political theories led to the deaths of an estimated 60 million people?
11. Who is the Ethiopian soldier who seized power in a coup in 1977, murdering the Emperor, Haile Selassie and instituting a regime of terror until being overthrown in 1991? He now resides in Zimbabwe.
12. Who is the President of the Palestinian National Authority? A doctor in medicine, co-founder of al-Fatah, leader of the P.L.O. who devised the tactic of blowing up school buses.
13. What is the real name of 'Carlos, the Jackal'?
Uncommon Fruits and Veggies
The guanabana, or soursop, is native to Central and South America but is currently grown in Asia.Large inedible seeds make its white pulp difficult to eat.It worth eating if you like pineapples or strawberries, though, because the guanabana flavor has been compared to those two fruits.