How much do you know about Sydney?
1. Sydney is the capital not only of Australia but also of which province?
2. It is situated on the southern shore of which Port?
3. What is the name of the river just north of Sydney?
4. And what are the mountains to the west called?
5. Who, in 1788, described Sydney Harbour as 'a noble and capacious harbour, equal if not superior, to any yet known in the world'?
6. In what year was the Sydney Harbour Bridge completed?
7. The Sydney Opera House is surely one of the most easily recognisable buildings in the world. But whereabouts is it situated exactly?
8. What is the name of the Museum of Social History in Queens' Square?
9. What building was formerly on the site now occupied by the New South Wales Conservatorium of Music?
10. What is the address of 'Parliament House', the home of the N.S.W. Legislature?
11. What is the oldest surviving private building in Sydney, built in 1816?
12. Sydney centre is connected to Darling Harbour by what means of transport?
13. Sydney's Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences is housed today in what used to be a power station and tram depot.What is it called?
14. What was used for currency in Sydney until coins were introduced around 1815?
15. Which Sydney suburb is called 'The Cradle of Australia'?