How much do you know about piano music? (1)
1. Who composed the 48 preludes and fugues which are collectively known as 'The Well-Tempered Clavier'?
2. Who composed the 80 pieces of piano music collectively entitled 'For Children'?
3. Beethoven wrote five piano concertos, only one of which the 5th in E flat major was given a name.What is it?
4. By what name is Beethoven's piano sonata in C minor, Opus 13 better known?
5. By what name is Chopin's Etude No 12 in C minor, Opus 10, better known?
6. The 3rd movement of the 'Suite Bergamasque' for piano by Debussy is better known as ?what?
7. Who is called 'the father of modern piano playing'?
8. Dvorak composed a set of eight light pieces for the piano, Opus 101. What did he call them?
9. Who composed 'Ludus Tonalis' (Tonal Game) which he referred to as a 'play on keys'?
10. Who composed the 'Hungarian Dances' for piano?
11. Who composed the ' Hungarian Rhapsodies' for piano?
12. Who composed a suite of 12 pieces for piano which he called 'Iberia'?
13. Who composed a set of thirty piano pieces which he called 'Inventions'?
14. Who was the composer of the concert waltz 'Invitation to the Dance'?
15. Which outstanding concert pianist was born in a tent in a mining camp in Tasmania and didn't learn to read or write until she was twelve? The people of Kalgoorlie collected ?1,000 to send her to the Leipzig Conservatoire.
Benefits of Black raisins
When preparing breakfast, top your cereal or oatmeal with raisins to get one daily fruit serving. Flavor your garden salad and yogurt with them or add raisins to any muffin, cake or pancake batter for healthy antioxidants. Mixing raisins with peanuts, cashews, almonds and other dried fruits or seeds gives you a healthy, between meal snack.