How much do you know about operetta? (2)
1. From which Gilbert and Sullivan operetta does the song 'Three Little Maids' come?
2. Who was the Welsh-born composer of such 'musical plays' as 'Glamorous Nights','Careless Rapture','The Dancing Years' and 'King's Rhapsody'?
3. What is the most famous song from Victor Herbert's operetta 'Naughty Marietta'?
4. Who composed the music for the modern operetta 'Oklahoma!'?
5. And who wrote the libretto?
6. From which musical romance does the song 'The Indian Love Call' come?
7. Who was the composer of the operettas 'The Chocolate Soldier' and 'The Last Waltz'?
8. The first major professional work for which Franz Schubert was paid was the operetta ???what was its name?
9. Who composed the operettas 'La Belle Helene' and 'La Vie Parisienne'?
10. With which of his operettas did Offenbach shock the audience with the 'Can- Can' in the last act?
11. Who was the American composer of the musicals 'Funny Face' and 'Lady be Good'?
12. And who composed 'Annie Get Your Gun' and 'Call Me Madame'?
13. Who composed the music for the hugely successful 'West Side Story'?
14. Who composed the music to Alphonse Daudet's play 'L'Arlesienne'?
15. Who wrote the operetta 'Bitter Sweet'?
Celebrities Who Died Under Mysterious Circumstances
Parveen Babi was the first Indian actress to grace the Time Magazine cover. The actress was suffering from paranoid schizophrenia and was found dead in her Mumbai flat. Postmortem, the doctors speculated that she starved herself to death.