How much do you know about the Greek Gods? (5)
1. Who was the Titan who was the father of Helios (the Sun), Selene (the Moon), and Eon (the Dawn)?
2. Who was the rainbow goddess, messenger of the Gods?
3. Who are the goddesses who personified beauty, grace and good nature? 3.1.Who was the goddess whose name meant 'splendour'? 3.2.Who was the goddess whose name meant 'rejoicing of the heart'? 3.3.Who was the goddess whose name meant 'blossom'?
4. Who was the god of water, of the sea in particular; older than Poseidon and father of 50 daughters by the sea nymph Doris who were called the 'Nereids'?
5. Who was the god of fertility, son of Dionysius and Aphrodite?
6. Who was the sea god with oracular and shape-changing powers?
7. Who was the god of the west wind and husband of Iris?
8. Who was the goddess of the dawn, daughter of Hyperion and Thea?
9. Who was the half-god half-human, renowned for his physical strength, who became a full god after his death?
10. Who was the great river god, son of Oceanus and Tethys, defeated in battle by Heracles for the hand of Deianeira?
11. Who was the god of weddings?
12. Who was the goddess of quarrels and strife?
Tips to get ready for New Year
Have a traditional dinner on New Years Eve
This is one of the most important parts of the holiday and the food eaten at this time of year has traditional meanings related to the Chinese New Year. Some Chinese choose not to eat meat on the first day of Chinese New Year because each new year carries the name of an animal. The remaining days carry no such restrictions. Traditional dishes include fish, jai, chicken, law pak ko, lin guo (sticky rice cake), noodles and desserts. Dumplings play a special role in New Year food because of their shape, a shape which resembles the ancient Chinese gold or silver ingots. Some of the food meanings include:Jiu, a traditional hard liquor, and daikon, the Chinese radish, carry the meaning of longevity.Red chilies mean good luck.Rice ensures harmony.