How much do you know about 1942?
1. What is the name of the infamous conference during which senior Nazi officers plot the 'final solution' for Jews?
2. Japanese troops occupy the capital of Malaysia. Its name
3. Which new premier, whose name later becomes synonymous with 'traitor' is appointed in Norway by the Germans?
4. Japanese troops occupy the largest port in south-east Asia, part of a highly strategic island. Its name please?
5. In the US mass-produced 'Liberty Ships' are designed by?
6. American scientists build the first electronic brain.What do they call it?
7. British and Canadian commandos raid a French port in German hands, with great losses.What is its name?
8. First US air raids on which Japanese city?
9. Which high-ranking SS officer is assassinated by the Czech underground, leading to savage German reprisals in the towns of Lidice and Lez?ky?
10. First thousand-bomber air raid made by RAF on which German town?
11. US Navy defeats Japanese fleet in the South Pacific in which battle?
12. Allied landings begin where in the Mediterranean?
13. Soviet counter offensive encircles German armies in which Russian city?
14. The people of Malta receive which commendation for their courage under continual attack?
15. In Hollywood, Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman star in which film destined to become a classic?
Most Craziest Facts
Astonishing Architecture Austria s Upside Down House
In the small western Austrian village of Terfens, Polish Architects, Irek Glowacki and Marek Rozhanski have unveiled a house that is literally upside down, both inside and out – It's now open as a tourist attraction. The actual house itself, including the foundation, appears to be fully turned on it's head – as opposed to those who simply place items in an otherwise normal house onto the room's ceiling.