unseemly, adj. 1. unbecoming, indecorous, improper, unladylike, ungentlemanly, ungenteel, unmannerly, uncivil, impolite; undignified, unrefined, unpolished, inelegant, indelicate; impolitic, imprudent, indiscreet, tactless, injudicious.
2. crude, coarse, vulgar, uncouth, crass, gross, rude, churlish, loutish, boorish; distasteful, shameful, disgraceful, discreditable, disreputable, reprehensible; indecent, offensive, lewd, in poor taste, obscene.
3. inappropriate, inapt, inapposite, unmeet, unfitting, unbefitting; unwarranted, uncalled-for, out of place, out of keeping; inopportune, ill-timed, unseasonable, untimely, infelicitous; unfavorable, incommodious, inconvenient, uncongenial, unlikely; unsuitable, unsuited, unfit, ill-adapted, incompatible; inexpedient, inadvisable, impractical, inapplicable, unfeasible.
unselfish, adj. liberal, free, generous, open-handed, unsparing, unstinting, ungrudging; altruistic, charitable, philanthropic, humanitarian; noble, high-minded, magnanimous, munificent, great-hearted; disinterested, unbiased, unprejudiced, even-handed, fair, just, impartial, nonpartisan.
unsettle, v. 1. disturb, perturb, bother, trouble, upset, fluster, flutter, flurry, ruffle, rattle; agitate, shake, shake up, discompose, disconcert, discomfit; confuse, disorient, Inf. throw, Inf. discombobulate; unnerve, unman, unstring, unhinge, SI. psych or psych out, SI. spook, SI. give one the creeps or willies or heebie-jeebies; stun, shock, rock, jolt, jar, bring one up short, Inf. give one a turn, SI. throw one for a loop.
2. disorganize, disorder, put or throw into disorder, disarrange, derange,
unsettled, adj. 1. unorganized, disorganized, disordered, disorderly, in disorder, in disarray, disarranged; deranged, discomposed, upset.
2. transient, itinerant, vagrant, Archaic, vagrom, vagabond, migratory, nomadic, wandering, roving.
3. uneasy, anxious, tense, Inf. on pins and needles; restless, restive, fidgety; disturbed, perturbed, flustered, ruffled, rattled, thrown; in a dither, Inf. in a tizzy, Inf in a stew, Inf. in a lather; agitated, shaken, SI. shook, SI. all shook up; confused, disoriented, mixed-up, Inf. discombobulated.
4. unstable, unsteady, shaky, insecure, infirm; irresolute, indecisive, undecided, of two minds, ambivalent; equivocating, seesawing, wavering, oscillating, betwixt and between, blowing hot and cold; hesitant, hesitating, shilly-shallying; weak-willed, wishy-washy, spineless, infirm of purpose.
5. uninhabited, unpopulated, unpeopled, unoccupied; desolate, barren, forsaken.
6. undetermined, indeterminate, indefinite, uncertain, unsure, at loose ends; unresolved, unestablished, unproved, undemonstrated; moot, debatable, arguable, contestable, disputable; doubtful, dubious, questionable, open to doubt or question.