2. alimentary canal, bowel, bowels, colon, colons, (of swine) chitterlings, intestine, intestines.
entrance1, n. 1. admission, admittance, permission to enter, access, right of entry; entry, entryway, entree, inlet, ingress; approach, ramp, drive, driveway, lane, adit; path, pathway, route, road, roadway, course, way, means; street, avenue, boulevard, highway; opening, aperture, hatch, door, doorway, gate, gateway, postern, portal; threshold, stile, turnstile, wicket; hall, hallway, passage, passageway, arcade, gangway, walkway, corridor, gallery; lobby, foyer, vestibule, anteroom, waiting room; anteporch, porch, portico.
2. accession, succession, inheritance, assumption, taking on or over; entering upon, arrival at, advent to; elevation, promotion, rise, coming to, reaching, attainment; induction, installation, initiation, inauguration, investiture.
3. beginning, start, outset, dawn, birth; debut, commencement, prelude, overture'.
4. coming in, inflow, influx; invasion, incursion, inroad, irruption; break-in, intrusion, trespassing, infiltration, penetration.
entrance2, v. 1. enrapture, fascinate, bewitch; enchant, spellbind, magnetize; captivate, enamor; delight, please, transport, ravish; charm, allure, attract; interest, intrigue.
2. hypnotize, mesmerize, cast a spell on, hex; bewilder, bedazzle, dazzle,
entrant, n. 1. new member, arrival, novice, neophyte, tyro, beginner; freshman, plebe; kindergartener, first grader, catechumen; pledge, initiate, probationer, proselyte, convert; newie, cub, greenhorn, babe in the woods.
2. contestant, player, lottery player; candidate, applicant, petitioner, seeker; competitor, rival, opponent.
entrap, v. 1. ensnare, snare, net, mesh, bag, sack, gin, trap, Archaic, entoil, Archaic, trepan.
2. entice, inveigle, allure, lure, beguile, tempt; bait, bait the hook, lead on, draw on; involve, implicate, entangle, enmesh, draw in, drag or hook into, make a party to, SI. rope in, SI. suck in.
3. embarrass, show up, expose, reveal; trip, trip up, catch, catch off guard, catch napping, catch out; Inf corner, Inf. tree, Inf. have [s.o.] on the ropes, SI. put [s.o.] on the spot, SI. have the goods on [s.o.].
entrapment, n. enticement, allurement, allure, temptation, invitation, beguilement, inveiglement, tan-talization, seduction,
entreat, v. 1. beseech, implore, invoke, enjoin, im-petrate, appeal, obtest; pray, plead, crave, supplicate; sue, solicit, petition; invoke, call on or upon, call to, cry to.
2. request, ask, apply to; importune, urge, press, ply.
entreaty, n. appeal, bid, suit, prayer, call, cry, clamor; solicitation, suppliance, beseechment, impetration, obtestation, invocation, petition, adjuration,
entrle, n. 1. entrance, entry, entryway, inlet, in gress; approach, drive, driveway, lane, adit; path, pathway, route, road, roadway, course, way, means; street, avenue, boulevard, highway; opening, aperture, hatch, door, doorway, gate, gateway, postern, portal; threshold, stile, turnstile, wicket; hall, hallway, passage, passageway, arcade, gangway, walkway, corridor, gallery; lobby, foyer, vestibule, anteroom, waiting room; anteporch, porch, portico.
2. access, admission, admittance, permission to enter, right of entry.
3. means, way, channel, avenue, approach; in, influence, SI. pull.
4. main course, principal dish, Fr. pitce de