3. rightful, right, lawful, legitimate, Inf. kosher, legal, licit; constitutional, stc.tutory; valid, justified, sound, well-founded, well-grounded, substantial, sol id, firm; justifiable, defensible, warrantable, vindicate, supportable, reasonable; judicious, well-advised, sensible, wise.
4. true, truthful, veracious, honest, authentic, bona fide; correct, factual, actual, literal, true-to-life, true-to-form; accurate, exact, precise, close, faithful, strict; flawless, faultless, perfect, defectless, errorless, iner-rant.
5. deserved, merited, earned; rightful, proper, due; well-deserved, (of punishment) condign, fitting, appropriate, apt, suitable, meet. -adv. 6. only now, but a moment before, a moment ago; recently, lately, not long ago, a short time ago.
7. exactly, precisely.
8. barely, hardly, scarcely, Dial, scantly, only just; by a narrow margin, Inf. by the skin of one's teeth, by a hair's breadth, by a little bit, by an inch.
9. only, merely, solely, simply; but, nothing but, no more than, at most. 10. actually, in reality, really, truly; positively, absolutely, without a doubt, indubitably, certainly, definitely.
justice, n. 1. fairness, fair play, impartiality, impartialness, fair-mindedness, equity, equitableness, evenness, even-handedness; unprejudicedness, objectivity, objectiveness, disinterestedness, dispassionateness, open-mindedness, neutrality, tolerance.
2. uprightness, righteousness, honorableness, upstandingness, nobility, nobleness; honor, integrity, probity, virtuousness, virtue, rectitude; ethicalness, ethicality, properness, propriety, morality, rightness, conscionableness; high-mindedness, right-mindedness, uncorruptedness; goodness, sincerity, sincereness, truth, earnestness, conscientiousness, scrupulousness; honesty, truthfulness, veracity, veraciousness; openness, Inf. straightforwardness, candor, frankness.
3. rightfulness, lawfulness, justness, legitimacy, legitimateness, legality, constitutionality; validity, validness, soundness, substantiality, substantialness, solidity, solidness, firmness; justifiability, justifiableness, defensibility, defensibleness, warrantableness, vindica-bility, supportability, supportableness; reasonableness, reasonability, judiciousness, sensibleness.
4. compensation, recompense, remuneration; requital, retribution, nemesis.
5. judgment, judicature, Law. equity; ruling, verdict, Law. adjudication, sentence, Law. award; ruling, decree, statement, declaration, decision, determination, finding; opinion, view, feeling.
6. judge, magistrate, judicator; arbitrator, arbiter, referee, umpire.
justifiable, adj. 1. warrantable, authorizable, legitimate, lawful, just, right, rightful; reasonable, within reason, sensible, sane, acceptable; plausible, credible, believable, undeniable, unquestionable; sound, well-grounded, solidly based, defensible, supportable; sustainable, tenable, maintainable, assertible.
2. exculpable, vindicable, absolvable, forgivable, excusable, pardonable.
justification, n. 1. reason, basis, grounds, just cause, authorization, sanction; plea, explanation, defense, substantiation, support; argument, assertion, allegation, Law. deraignment; story, rationalization, apology, apologia, excuse, extenuation, palliation,