-v. 17. Usu.
line up range, align, straighten, bring into line, string out, bank; arrange, array, order, right, put or set in order; list, group, place, fix, dispose, distribute; space, regiment, marshal, rally.
line up secure, get, obtain, procure, acquire; get hold of, come up with, dig up, uncover; sign up, enlist, enroll, contract with; employ, engage, hire.
19. delineate, draw, trace, mark, mark out, Archaic. limn; define, depict, describe, demarcate, delimit; portray, figure, silhouette.
20. rule, score, hatch, underline, underscore; wrinkle, furrow, crease, rut, groove; scratch, scrape, chisel, engrave, cut, inscribe, etch; streak, striate.
line out outline, sketch, rough in, block in; draw up, lay out, draft, trace, chart; devise, plot, frame, make up, project.
22. skirt, hem, embroider, edge, border, rim, form a line along; bound, fringe, margin, marginate, marge; verge, side, adjoin.
line2, v. 1. interline, interlineate, panel, face, back, back up, wainscot, ceil; coat, sheathe, wrap; interlard, inlay, incrust, bush; upholster, paper, wallpaper.
2. cover, drape, curtain, blanket, mantle, cloak; lay over, overlay, spread over, overspread,
lineage, n. 1. ancestry, family tree, extraction, parentage, pedigree, bloodline, strain; descent, genealogy.
2. dynasty, house, family, race, people, tribe, clan; stirps, descendants, heritage, succession, progeny,
lineal, adj. in a direct line, linear; hereditary, family, racial; parental, patriarchal, matriarchal, ancestral,
lineament, n. line, feature, configuration, mark, distinguishing mark; form, contour, profile, cut; physiognomy, SI. phiz, visage; particularity, singularity, idiosyncrasy; aspect, delineation,
linear, adj. 1. aligned, alined, lineal; straight, direct, undeviating, unbent; one-dimensional, lengthwise, longitudinal.
2. lined, scored, etched, sketched; penned, calligraphic, inked, outlined,
linen, n. 1. cloth, fabric, material, textile, woven fabric, damask.
linens bedding, bed linens, bedclothes; sheets, pillowcases, pillowslips, pillow shams; towels, washcloths, facecloths, washrags; table linen, tablecloths, napkins,
liner', n. 1. ocean liner, ship, steamship, steamer, passenger vessel, boat, hydroplane; airplane, plane, aircraft, Aeronaut, airliner.
2. eyeliner, eye pencil, mascara, eye shadow.
liner2, n. 1. lining, facing, inner lining, interlining.
See - lining (def 1).
2. cover, album cover, cardboard cover, jacket,
linesman, n. sports official, umpire, Inf. ump, refer ee, Inf. ref, field judge, lineman,
line-up, n. 1. line, queue, row; list, schedule.
2. Sports, roster, list of players, batting order,
linger, v. 1. loiter, tarry, stay, wait, remain, SI. hang around, SI. stick around; continue, persist, stay on, endure, abide, persevere, hang on.
2. dawdle, delay, lag, procrastinate, put off, dally, shirk, SI. goof off.
3. loll, idle, Inf. lallygag, lounge, poke, Inf. diddle, dilly-dally; slouch, loaf, vegetate, waste time, fritter time away; mill around, trifle, potter, putter, play.
4. saunter, stroll, perambulate; amble, ramble, mosey; traipse, wander, meander, inch; shuffle, shamble, slouch; toddle, totter.
lingerie, n. underwear, undergarments, underclothing, underclothes, Inf undies; All Euph. dainties, things, unmentionables, nice things, finery, linen;
My Account / Test History
What have you today?
What's the matter with you today?
What's wrong (with you)?, What's the trouble (with you)'? and What's the problem? are also correct.