-n. 4. spark, sparkling, scintilla, scintillation; flame, flaming, lambency, flare, flaring; flash, flashing, streak, streaking, gleam, gleaming; glare, glaring, coruscation, fulguration.
5. glint, glinting, glimmer, glimmering; glistening, Archaic,
glistering, glittering; shining, twinkle, twinkling, flicker, flickering; flutter, fluttering, quivering, shivering, ripple, rippling, shimmer, shimmering, dancing, dazzling, dazzle; bedazzling, bedazzlement, splendor, resplendence; brilliance, lambency, radiance, irradiance, radiation; brightness, gleam, gleaming, glare, glaring, blare, blaring; refulgence, refulgency, effulgence; illumination, luminosity, luminousness, lucidity; luster, shine, gloss, polish, burnish, sheen, nitidity; glow, incandescence, phosphorescence, iridescence, opalescence.
6. liveliness, vivacity, brilliance, effervescence, bubbling; blithesomeness, airiness, breeziness, buoyancy; high spirits, good spirits, gaiety, merriment, lightheartedness; gladsomeness, joyousness, jubilation, cheerfulness, levity; hilarity, mirth, mirthfulness, elation; jocundity, joviality, conviviality, jollity; jauntiness, sprightliness, pertness, friskiness, playfulness, sportiveness; energy, spirit, úlan, dash, ardor, passion, zeal, gusto; vigor, briskness, alacrity; eagerness, animation, Inf.
ginger, enthusiasm; exhilaration, ebullience, excitement, ecstasy, thrill, Inf
scanty, meager, slim, slight, poor; scattered, widely dispersed, thinly distributed, few and far between; sporadic, infrequent, spotty, irregular, intermittent; insufficient, inadequate, in short supply, hard to come by.
Spartan, adj.1. austere, severe, harsh, strict; stern, grim, forbidding, rigid; rigorous, hard, demanding, laborious, Herculean, difficult.
2. disciplined, controlled, self-controlled, restrained, self-restrained; self-mortifying, ascetic, self-denying, self-abnegating; abstemious, puritanical, puritanlike, abstineint.
3. brave, courageous, valiant, valorous, heroic, stout-hearted; virile, manly, soldierly, bold, bold-spirited, daring, Inf.
nervy; firm, resolute, stalwart, doughty, sturdy, hardy; indomitable, redoubtable, formidable; dauntless, undaunted, intrepid, fearless, unafraid; unblenching, unwavering, unfaltering, unbending, unyielding.
spasm, n.1. fit, convulsion, paroxysm, Pathol. eclampsia, Pathol,
tetanus, throe, qualm, Pathol,
jactation; attack, seizure, epilepsy, spell, stroke, Pathol. ictus, tantrum; cramp, charley horse, contraction, orgasm.
2. outburst, explosion, eruption; tempestuousness, turbulence, boisterousness, rage, fume, fury, Inf.
cat fit; raving, hysterics, delirium, Pathol,
calenture, tarantism; violent emotion, emotional upheaval.
spasmodic, adj.1. spasmodical, Pathol,
spastic, convulsive, twitchy, hitchy, jerky, paroxysmal, vellicative.
2. intermittent, fitful, irregular, snatchy, sporadic, random, Pathol,
arrhythmic; recurring, recurrent, remittent, on-again-off-again, on-and-off, hot-and-cold, alternate, alternating; periodic, cyclic, cyclical, seasonal; rhythmic, pulsating, punctuated; discontinuous, broken, interrupted, broken off, disconnected.
3. excitable, nervous, high-strung, emotional, skittish; inflammatory, volcanic, explosive, ebullient, stormy, tempestuous, turbulent; frantic, frenzied, rabid, hysterical, delirious; impulsive, uncontrollable, uncon-