2. stimulated, aroused, burning, Inf. hot, Inf turned on; inflamed, infatuated, lusting after, SI.hot for, SI. letching after, mad about, Inf. wild about; desirous, intense, amorous, sensual, sexual, erotic.
3. emotional, emotive, temperamental, high-strung; excitable, spirited, high-spirited; volatile, volcanic, fiery, hot-headed, inflammable, kindled, enkindled; agitated, nervous, tense, fretful; disturbed, perturbed, shaken, stirred up, worked up; heated, white-hot, inflamed, flaming, flared up, flaring; irate, wrathful, wroth, incensed, very angry; enraged, raging, fuming, infuriated, infuriate, furious; overwrought, distraught, upset, feverish, hysterical, not rational, violent; ranting, raving, foaming at the mouth, rabid, fanatical, frenzied; frantic, crazed, Pathol, delirious, mad, Inf. wild.
impassive, adj. 1. apathetic, emotionless, unemotional, impassible, insensitive; stolid, phlegmatic, stoical, imperturbable, unexcitable; unconcerned, nonchalant, reserved, reticent, taciturn; indifferent, uncaring, SI.blah, unmoved, unfeeling, dispassionate, passionless; cool, cold, frigid, Inf. like a cold fish, with ice water in one's veins; cold-blooded, stony-hearted, with a heart of stone, having a lump of coal for a heart.
2. calm, serene, peaceful, tranquil, halcyon, in the clouds; unruffled, composed, collected, content, drifting along.
3. unconscious, insensible, insensate; impervious, deaf and blind to, zombie-like, half-alive; hardened, indurated, callous, thick-skinned.
impassivity, n. 1. apathy, indifference, unconcern, dispassion, impassibility; insensitivity, imperturbability, nonchalance, casualness, stoicism, stolidity; reserve, reticence, silence; cold shoulder, coldness, coolness, iciness, frigidity.
2. calmness, serenity, tranquility, placidity, composure, sang-froid.
3. hardness, dullness, callousness, obdurateness; thick skin, hard shell.
impatience, n. 1. nervousness, agitation, Inf. whim-whams; anxiety, jitteriness, disquiet, restlessness, restiveness; excitability, flutter, fluster, SI.flap; impetuosity, eagerness, avidity, precipitateness; itchiness, itchy feet, SI.ants in one's pants, formication.
2. brusqueness, testiness, shortness, waspishness, snappishness; irascibility, hotheadedness, SI.short fuse, short temper, jumpiness; intolerance, nonendurance.
impatient, adj. 1. unquiet, uneasy, anxious, jumpy, nervous; restless, restive, jittery, fidgety, skittish, SI. itchy; agitated, excitable, high-strung.
2. irritable, irascible, testy, querulous; fretful, peevish, waspish, snappish, short, rude; brusque, abrupt, short-tempered, SI.short-fused; seething, chafing; intolerant.
3. hasty, precipitate, quick, headlong; eager, agog, avid, keen, SI.hot-to-trot, SI.antsy; impulsive, impetuous, reckless, rash, heedless, madcap, hotheaded; irrepressible, clamorous, straining at the bit, rampant, raging.
My Account / Test History
What have you today?
What's the matter with you today?
What's wrong (with you)?, What's the trouble (with you)'? and What's the problem? are also correct.