bump into, light upon, alight upon, happen upon, chance upon, hit upon; track down, worm out, hunt down, ferret out, fish out, sniff out, smell out; reveal, expose, disclose, bring to light, root up or out, turn up; detect, discern, descry, spot, espy; get at, reach, determine.
2. establish, fix, set, base, ensconce; settle, place, situate, position, pinpoint, seat, collocate, assign; set down, lay down, park; quarter, house, reposit, deposit; consign, localize, post, station.
3. reside, occupy, move in, settle, take up one's quarters or abode; take root, cast anchor, anchor, pitch camp, camp, bivouac, pitch one's tent; put up at, set up housekeeping, keep house, take up residence; squat, plant, moor, dock; perch, roost, nest, Inf. hang up one's hat, make one's house; set up shop, Inf. hang up one's shingle, set up in business.
location, n. 1. residence, settlement, base, colony; quarter, zone, pale, area, division; region, territory, realm, province, shire, county, bailiwick; neighborhood, district, section, precinct, township; diocese, parish, ward, bishopric; neck of the woods, backyard, home; ground, terrain, soil, SI. turf; habitat, environment, climate, clime, domain, abode, range; vicinity, vicinage, environs, purlieus, whereabouts, hereabouts.
2. place, situation, position, emplacement, site, seat, stead; spot, point, bearings, latitude and longitude; scene, Law. venue, Latin, locus, Fr. lieu.
3. placement, localization, emplacement, placing, positioning; disposition, assignment, collocation, deposition, reposition; locating, pinpointing, centering; establishment, situation, settling, colonization; installation, lodgment, fixation, investiture.
4. discovery, finding, uncovery, unearthing; exposure, disclosure, revelation; detection, descrial, discernment, recognition, determination, espial, spotting.
lock', n. 1. bolt, latch, hook, holdfast, padlock; hasp, pin, peg, bar; fastener, clasp, securer, clincher.
2. catch, ratchet, pawl, brake; safety, safety catch, safety lock, cutoff; (in a firearm) gunlock, discharger, exploder.
3. sluice, sluice gate, gate, penstock, water gate, valve, Civ. Eng. floodgate.
lock up bolt, latch, hook, padlock; hasp, bar, throw the pin; fasten, clasp, secure, seal.
lock up confine, shut in or up or off, close off, seal off, clap up, cage, coop up, pen in, wall in, fence in, rail in, pale, picket, corral, enclose, trap; imprison, jail, incarcerate, impound, embar, immure, bolt up, place or keep under lock and key, put behind bars, SI. run in, SI. jug, SI. lag; shackle, manacle, handcuff, put in irons.
6. interlock, interlink, intertwine, entwine, entangle, bear, Mech. engage; join, conjoin, unite, league, attach, connect, link, yoke, brace, couple, marry, bind, lash, tie together, cinch, truss, girdle, gird, pin, pinion, hogtie, Naut. seize; bond, seal, graft, weld, glue, cement, solder, mortise, Metallurgy, braze; fuse, set, immobilize, freeze up, lock up, jam.
7. clasp, clutch, grip, grasp, shake hands; hug, embrace, hold, grapple, wrestle, gripe, squeeze, Both Boxing, clinch, clench.
8. lock out bar, debar, shut out, close out; exclude, keep out, ostracize, exile, banish, excommunicate.
lock2, n. 1. tress, curl, ringlet, curlicue, lovelock, elflock; plait, braid, shock.
2. locks curls, ringlets, tresses; hair, bangs, crime, SI. mane, SI. mop.
3. flock, tuft, bunch or piece of wool or fur.
lockbox, n. 1. strongbox, safe, vault, coffer,
money box, treasure chest, treasury, repository; trunk, chest, case, casket, crate, coffret, locker.
My Account / Test History
I read it in one and a half hour.
I read it in one and a half hours.
In English, use the plural with anything greater than one, even it it's less than two.