4. demonstration, manifestation, illustration, display, exhibition, exhibit; indication, sign, signal, token, mark, denotation; All Printing, impression, print, blueline, proof sheet, galley proof, galley, revise.
5. validity, validness, soundness, realness; strength, strongness, sturdiness, toughness, stamina, resistance, endurance; impenetrability, imperviousness, invulnerability, invincibility.
-adj. 6. strong, sturdy, tough, sound; impenetrable, impervious, impregnable, invincible; resistant, repellent, tight, (both of metal) Both Trademark, galvanized, zinc-coated; treated, hardened, steeled, Metallurgy, tempered.
7. proven, tested, tried out; examined, checked out, inspected, scrutinized, Inf. O.K., all right.
8. firm, steadfast, steady, fixed, unwavering, unswerving, undeviating, unbending, unyielding; resolute, resolved, determined, staunch, stanch, stalwart, hard-line; obstinate, stubborn, obdurate, intransigent.
9. proving, testing, trial, pilot, experimental.
10. quality, top, topnotch, first-class, first-rate, good; standard, true, authentic, genuine, real.
prop, v. 1. support, hold up, uphold, truss, truss up, bear, bear up; brace, bolster, buttress, gird; underprop, underpin, underbrace, bed, base, form the foundation of, underlie; reinforce, restrengthen, crutch, shore up; cradle, pillow, buoy, buoy up, keep afloat.
2. lean against or on, stand up against, rest against or on, lay against, arrange against; balance against or on, steady or stabilize against.
3. sustain, maintain, provide for; feed, victual, provision, board; carry, shoulder, keep up, keep alive; nurse, nourish, nurture.
4. finance, sponsor, patronize, fund, capitalize, subsidize, underwrite, put up the money for, pay for, grubstake, Inf. stake, Inf bankroll, Inf. angel.
-n. 5. support, beam, horizontal, cross-beam, rafter, joist; vertical, upright, column, post, shaft, pillar, pole, rod, stick; underprop, underpinning, shore, truss, fulcrum, Archaic, socle; brace, bracer, bolster, bracket, stay, buttress, shoulder, arm; rope, cable, guywire, guyline, guy; base, basis, foundation, substructure, underbuilding, groundwork, embankment, abutment; stand, sill, bed, bedding.
6. supporter, maintainer, mainstay, sustainer, upholder, Sl. meal ticket, Sl. sugar daddy; benefactor, benefactress, benefitter, friend, guardian angel, tutelary, tutelor, patron saint, Inf. fairy godmother; financer, funder, backer, patron, subsidizer, underwriter, angel, Inf. staker, Inf. grubstaker; advocate, endorser, second, booster.
propaganda, n. 1. information, publicity, advertising, advertisement, promotion, Sl. PR puff; new-speak, agitprop; rumors, lies.
2. doctrine, dogma, creed, principles, teachings, tenets; belief, conviction, opinion, view; religion, persuasion.
3. brainwashing, propagandism, dissemination, teaching, indoctrination, spreading. See - propagandism.
propagandism, n. 1. propaganda, propagation, promulgation, evangelism, sowing the seeds; dissemination, spreading, transmission, passing on or along, circulation; broadcasting, advertizing, advertisement, promotion, pushing, Sl. hyping, Inf plugging, talking up, ballyhooing; publicizing, publication, making public or known, printing; giving out, distribution, dispersal, diffusion, dispensation.
My Account / Test History
Her room's window is open.
The window of her room is open.
However, we do Say: a day's work, a night's rest, a week's holiday,a pound's worth, etc., especially with similar measures of time. With inanimate objects we usually use the of structure. The door of the car. The leg of the table The surface of the water. With the names of places and organisations we can use either: London's streets = The streets of London Italy's climate. = The climate of Italy The school's main office =. The main office of the school.