2. disgusted, revolted, repelled, with a bitter taste in one's mouth, appalled, offended,
nauseating, adj. contemptible, disgusting, loathsome, abhorrent, revolting, funny as a crutch; nauseous, sickening, odious, abominable, despicable, execrable; offensive, distasteful, unsavory; obnoxious, foul, vile.
nautical, adj. maritime, naval, marine; seagoing, seafaring, ocean-going; boating, yachting, sailing; navigational.
navel, n. umbilicus, omphalos, Inf. bellybutton; dimple, depression, pit; hub, nave, middle, center, centrum.
navigable, adj. 1. passable, negotiable, traversable, travelable, unobstructed.
2. steerable, sailable, boatable; seaworthy, watertight, tight, yar.
navigate, v. 1. pilot, steer, skipper, Naut. con; drive, guide, direct, manage, plot the course.
2. cruise, sail, yacht, coast, go down to the sea, ship out; plow the waves, ride the waves, ride the bounding main, circumnavigate; fly, aviate, go by plane.
3. traverse, voyage, journey, cross.
navigation, n. 1. piloting, pilotage, aviation, seamanship, helmsmanship.
2. cruising, sailing, boating, yachting; flying, aviating.
navigator, n. 1. pilot, aviator, flyer; helmsman, steersman; skipper, chief, Sl. old man.
2. seaman, seafarer, sailor, mariner, salt, sea dog, tar, bluejacket, Sl. gob; boatman, yachtsman, submariner.
navy, n. 1. naval forces, merchant marine, fleet, flotilla, armada, argosy; mosquito fleet, submarines, destroyers, battleships, aircraft carriers.
2. dark blue, midnight blue, ink blue, lazuline.
nay, adv. 1. no, no indeed, Inf. nope, Sl. naw, Inf. no siree, Inf. no siree bob, Sl. uh-uh, Sl. forget it; never, absolutely not, not on your life, on no account; negative, in the negative,
2. indeed, even, in truth, truly, in reality, actually, to be sure.
near, adv. 1. close, close by, nearby, nigh; within earshot or hearing, within view or sight, within close range; around, hereabout, about, not far off or away.
2. approximately, roughly, generally, about, circa, ca., more or less, or so, all but; nearly, in the neighborhood or vicinity, close to, next to; virtually, almost, Inf. most, just about, well-nigh, nearing, bordering on, approaching.
-adj. 3. neighboring, next-door, vicinal, adjacent, juxtapositional, juxtaposed, next, proximate; close, closer, close by, nearby, nigh, at close range, a stone's throw away; accessible, within reach, close at hand, at hand, handy, at one's fingertips, Inf. warm, Sl. hot; contiguous, bordering, adjoining, conjoining, connecting, abutting, tangential, tangent, touching, contactual.
4. direct, noncircuitous, straight, short, quick, fast, speedy.
5. imminent, momentary, forthcoming, coming, approaching, toward; impending, looming, overhanging, threatening.
6. approximate, rough; quasi, imitation, imitative, mock, mimic, simulative, simulated, artificial; similar, like, analogous, corresponding, resemblant, resembling, connected, related; intimate, familiar, dear, devoted, kissing, hand in or and glove, hand in hand, cheek by jowl, Inf. thick.
7. parsimonious, penurious, niggardly, skinflinty, hoarding, stingy, miserly; selfish, ungenerous, close, tight-fisted, close-fisted, narrow-fisted, cheap, mean; frugal, economical, thrifty, saving, scrimping, penny-saving, penny-pinching, sharing, skimping; avaricious, greedy, covetous, mercenary.