misbehavior, n.misconduct, badness, naughtiness, misdemeanor, delinquency; disorderly conduct, bad manners, indiscipline, disobedience, insubordination; disorder, disorderliness, Inf.goings on; roughhouse, horseplay, mayhem, rowdyism, rowdiness, boisterousness; indiscretion, faux pas, trip, slip, blunder, error.
misbelief, n.1. miscreance, heresy, heterodoxy, heresiarchy, superstition, false creed; skepticism, doubt, Pyrrhonism; fallacy, error, mistake.
2. delusion, illusion, false impression, wrong impression; misconception, misapprehension, misunderstanding, misinterpretation, misconstruction.
miscalculate, v. misjudge, misreckon, miscount, miscompute; misestimate, misdeem, misread, miseval-uate, misappreciate, misvalue; underestimate, overestimate, undervalue, overvalue, underreckon, overreckon, underrate, overrate; rush to conclusions, jump to a conclusion; err, blunder, go wrong, mistake, miss, slip up.
miscarriage, n.1. failure, nonsuccess, nonfulfillment, defeat, frustration; failing, abortion, no-go, vain attempt, flash in the pan, disappointment; accident, casualty, mishap, misfortune, mischance; miss, botch, muff, slip, blunder; washout; collapse, fizzle, fiasco, wild-goose chase; deathblow, checkmate, rebuff, repulse; overthrow, rout; wreck, shipwreck, crash, debacle, ruination.
2. abortus, spontaneous abortion, premature birth or delivery, untimely birth, unnatural birth.
miscarry, v. fail, go wrong, abort, be unsuccessful; flounder, slip, stumble, blunder; shipwreck, run aground, come to grief, meet with disaster; miss the mark, miss the boat, fall short of, fall through, fall flat, come to nothing, fizzle; be defected, lick the dust, bite the dust, lose the day, end orgo up in smoke, go to wrack and ruin.
miscellaneous, adj.1. diverse, varied, mixed, various, selected, assorted; variform, multiplex, multiform, many-sided, multiphase; multifarious, manifold, omnifarious.
2. heterogeneous, diversified, farraginous; indiscriminate, promiscuous; motley, variegated, patched, patchwork; commingled, commixed, composite, compound, blended.
miscellany, n.1. assortment, diversity, mixture, melange, medley; gallimaufry, farrago, salmagundi, potpourri, hodgepodge, Brit,
hotchpotch; hash, stew, jumble, tangle, mess; oddments, all sorts, Inf.mixed bag, odds and ends, sundries, old curiosity shop; variegation, patchwork, mosaic, motley; a little of this and a little of that; this, that, and the other; olla-podrida, olio, variety; commixture, conglomeration, combination, Inf.omnium-gatherum, Inf.mingle-mangle, Noah's ark.
2. miscellanea, collectanea, anthology, ana, compendium, collection; florilegium, flowers, spicilegium.
3. miscellanies, marginalia, jottings, notes, selections, pieces, thoughts; extracts, excerpta, analecta, analects.
mischance, n.1. accident, misfortune, mishap, miscarriage, misadventure, Scot. and North Eng.
mishanter ormischanter, glitch, casualty, contretemps; blow, nasty orstaggering blow, buffet, stroke, stroke of bad luck orfortune; disaster, tragedy, calamity, catastrophe, cataclysm.
2. mistake, blunder, Inf.slip-up, Sl.
boo-boo; slip, leak; oversight.
3. fluke, freak accident, one in a million, twist of fate; shock.
4. adversity, affliction, hurt, harm, evil, woe, Archaic.ruin, ruination, bale; infelicity, ill orbad luck, ill orbad fortune, evil wind, dark cloud, storm clouds;