inexpressible, adj. 1. ineffable, beyond words, incommunicable, undescribable, indescribable; unspeakable, unutterable; undefinable, nondescript, nameless, unnamable.
2. strange, marvelous, wondrous, wonderful, SI. something else; amazing, astonishing, stupendous, prodigious, incredible, unheard of.
inexpressive, adj. 1. expressionless, blank, dead, deadpan, poker-faced, inscrutable; emotionless, unemotional, unmoved, impassive, cold, stony; unanimated, unlively, immobile, motionless, inactive, passive, lifeless, inert.
2. dull, flat, boring, unexciting, devoid of expression; meaningless, empty, void, vacuous.
inextinguishable, adj. unquenchable, unsuppressi-ble, irrepressible; imperishable, indestructible, enduring, lasting; unconquerable, ungovernable, stanchless; volcanic, fiery, burning, ardent, ever-burning.
inextricable, adj. knotty, entangled, tangled, raveled, SI. screwed-up; intricate, involved, convoluted, complicated, complex; maze-like, labyrinthine; perplexing, baffling, SI. mind-blowing, mystifying, bewildering, puzzling.
infallibility, n. unerringness, faultlessness, accuracy, rightness; certainty, certitude, surety; assurance, unde-niability, incontestability, irrefutability, reliability; dead or absolute certainty, All SI. sure thing, sure bet, cinch, lead-pipe cinch.
infallible, adj. 1. unerring, inerrant, inerrable, un failing; flawless, impeccable, faultless, perfect; positive, solid, sound, SI. absolutely OK; believable, credible.
2. dependable, trustworthy, foolproof, Inf. sure-fire, reliable; certain, sure, Inf. sure as shooting, right, right as rain; incontestable, incontrovertible, indisputable, irrefutable; unquestionable, unequivocal, indubitable, undeniable.
infamous, adj. 1. disreputable, ignominious, having a bad name, of ill repute, discreditable, dishonorable; scandalous, notorious, obloquial, disgraceful, shameful, flagrant, stigmatized.
2. detestable, loathsome, contemptible, despicable, abhorrent, abominable; reprehensible, low, low-down, base, mean, petty, vile, abject, wormy; execrable, outrageous, ignoble, wretched, paltry; nefarious, wicked, villainous, heinous, flagitious, iniquitous; corrupt, depraved, SI. yutzy, SI. putzy, rotten, scurvy, SI. cruddy; knavish, sinister, odious, obnoxious, atrocious, bad, revolting.
infamy, n. 1. ignomimy, obloquy, opprobrium, disrepute, ill repute, notoriety; shame, disgrace, dishonor, discredit; stigma, stain, blot, blot on the escutcheon, badge of infamy.
2. wickedness, improbity, villainy, baseness, meanness, pettiness; depravity, degeneracy, turpitude, corruption; knavery, roguery, rascality; dishonesty, double-dealing, deception, foul play, SI. dirty tricks, SI. low blow, treachery, perfidy; infidelity, disloyalty, faithlessness, back-stabbing.
infancy, n. 1. babyhood, early childhood, the cradle, the nursery.