11. look on or
upon a. watch, Obs. spectate, witness, observe, eye, view, take in.
b. consider, deem, regard, reckon, judge, opine; hold, think, reason, speculate, see, take.
12. look out be on guard, be alert, be wary, be vigilant; watch out, keep one's eyes peeled, keep an eye out, keep one's eyes open.
13. look over examine, inspect, check, monitor, proctor; run through, dash through, zip through, flip through; peruse, scan, speed-read.
14. look to a. see to, not forget, attend to, do, make sure to do; give mind to, pay attention to, advert to, give thought to, devote oneself to.
b. turn to, refer to, resort to, have recourse to, betake oneself to; revert to, fall back on, avail oneself of, make use of.
15. look up a. search for, run down, seek out, hunt up, track down; ransack, rummage, ferret through,
b. visit, pay a visit to, call upon, drop in on, go to see, look in on. c. improve, ameliorate, shape up, progress, gain; perk up, pick up, show improvement, make headway; come along, get better, grow better, make strides.
16. look up to esteem, admire, regard highly, think highly of, think well of; hold in admiration, have a high opinion of, revere, defer to; honor, extol, exalt, venerate, put on a pedestal; idolize, worship, adore, lionize.
-n.17. glance, glimpse, side glance, regard; squint, glint, blink, wink, Fr. coup d'oeil; ogle, leer, stare, gaze, come-hither look; dirty look, scowl, glower, glare, evil eye, It. malocchio peek, peep, flash.
18. sight, espial, first sight; inspection, search, examination, Inf. once-over, Inf. look-see, SI. the eye, Si. gander; scrutiny, contemplation, inquiry, autopsy; survey, sweep, reconnaisance, observation, observance, watch; review, overlook, oversight, bird's-eye view; preview, view, prospect, pre-examination.
19. aspect, appearance, expression, looks, air, hang; guise, front, facade, impression, effect; demeanor, mien, stance, posture, bearing; set, figure, cut, trim, build, frame; side, profile, shape, outline; complexion, visage, physiognomy, countenance, color, feature; semblance, resemblance, seeming, likeness, similarity, similitude, hint, fashion.
look-alike, n. double, twin, identical twin, clone, living or very image, exact match; perfect likeness, SI. ringer, SI. dead ringer, Inf. spit and image or spitting image, chip off the old block; replica, copy, duplicate, facsimile, reproduction, ectype.
looker, n. 1. seer, observer, spectator, onlooker, looker-on; witness, eyewitness, passerby; watcher, gazer, ogler, goggler, gaper, beholder, girl-watcher.
2. Slang, belle, good-looking woman, beauty, raving beauty, picture, vision, sight for sore eyes; SI. doll, SI. dish, Inf. knockout, peach, dazzler, charmer,
lookout, n. 1. watch, guard, vigil, wake.
2. sentinel, sentry, guard, watchman; ranger, forest ranger.
3. lookout station, lookout tower, ranger's station, firetower, watchtower, guard tower.
loom, v. 1. emerge, appear, become visible, come into view or notice, uprise,come to light, come to the fore; materialize, surface, reveal itself, show itself.
2. tower, rise, mount, soar, ascend; hover, bulk.
3. impend, threaten, menace, hang over.
My Account / Test History
I read it in one and a half hour.
I read it in one and a half hours.
In English, use the plural with anything greater than one, even it it's less than two.