2. posture, stance, stand, pose, position; poise, bearing, presence, demeanor, appearance, attitude, guise, aspect, cast; manner, mode, mood, air, mien, deportment, behavior,
carrier, n. 1. transporter, conveyor, vehicle, conveyance; bearer, bringer, messenger, runner; porter, U.S. bellboy, U.S. bellhop, delivery man; mail carrier, mailman; newsboy, newspaper boy.
2. frame, rack, roof rack, luggage carrier,
carrion, n. dead flesh, dead body, cadaver, corpse, remains, bones; offal, putrefying meat, rot, decay, decomposition; garbage, refuse, waste,
carry, v. 1. convey, transport, Inf. tote; portage, haul, cart, lug, pull along, drag; move, shift, transfer, displace, transplant; take, deliver, give, bring, fetch, get, go get; transmit, send, dispatch, convey, communicate, bear, pass on or along; lead, impel, conduct; force, propel, push, press.
2. support, hold up, maintain, sustain, uphold; bear, take on, undertake, assume, shoulder, lift; buttress, brace, shore up, stay, prop up, underprop, underpin; strengthen, reinforce, fortify.
3. (all of oneself) behave, deport, demean, conduct, comport, acquit, bear; manage, govern, regulate.
4. extend, continue, take to; spread, distend, stretch, reach, expand.
cart, n. 1. handcart, truck, handtruck, pushcart, wagon, dray; dumpcart, tipcart, barrow, handbarrow, wheelbarrow; carriage, tilbury, buggy, tumbrel, gig, dogcart, curricle, Chiefly Brit. trap.
-v. 2. transport, convey, carry, bear, portage; dray, haul, lug, move, truck, tote; bring, conduct, transfer, transmit, transplant, convoy,
carte blanche, n. free license, license, free rein, blank check; run of the house, key to the city, full rights, pass key, passe-partout; permit, sanction, authority.
carton, n. box, package, packing box or case, crate, pasteboard or paperboard or strawboard case, corrugated paper or cardboard container,
cartoon, n. 1. caricature, lampoon, pasquinade, burlesque, take-off, satire, parody; portraiture, portrait, representation, picture, portrayal; depiction, line drawing, sketch.