2. sewage, seepage, bilge water, waste water,
drama, n. 1. play, stage play, dramatic play; screenplay, photoplay, theatricals, stage show, show; theatrical piece, piece, work, vehicle.
2. dramatury, stagecraft, dramatic art, histrionic or thespian art; dramatics, histrionics, histrionism, theatrics, theatricalism, showmanship; representation, portrayal, depiction, delineation; stage business,
dramatic, adj. 1. theatrical, theatric; dramaturgical, dramaturgic; scenic, stagy; operatic; thespian, histrionic, histrionical, Roscian, SI. hammy.
2. vivid, graphic, expressive, meaningful; moving, touching, affecting, emotive; powerful, potent, forceful; telling, cogent, effective.
3. striking, impressive, sensational, spectacular; startling, sudden, surprising; thrilling, exciting, stirring, breathtaking, electrifying, nerve-shattering.
dramatist, n. playwright, dramaturge, dramaturgist, screenwriter; tragedian; comedian; melodramatist; dramatic poet; Theat. play doctor,
dramatize, v. 1. stage, mount, put on, produce; theatricalize; melodramatize.
2. emote, emotionalize, tug the heartstrings; rant, spout, roar, declaim, out-Herod Herod; act, enact, perform, play a part, play to the gallery; affect, playact, put up a front; overact, make a show or production of, SI. ham it up; overdo, Inf. lay it on, Inf. lay it on thick, Inf. pile it on.
drape, v. 1. cover, blanket, overspread, overlay, mantle; overlie, cloak, curtain, fold, veil, shroud; envelop, swathe, enwrap, swaddle, wrap, sheathe; dress, festoon, adorn, array, deck; bedight, bedeck, prink.
2. hang, let fall, drop, lean over; droop, dangle; suspend, depend, pend, swing.
-n. 3. curtain, hanging, tapestry. See - drapery, drapery, n. covering, hanging, curtain, mantle; tapestry, dosser, portiere, valance, lambrequin; window shade, window curtain, drop, backdrop, scrim, arras; blind, shade, drape; cover, cloak, veil, shroud, fold, purdah, screen,
drastic, adj. 1. violent, forceful, powerful, forcible, rigorous; fierce, strong, potent, puissant, effective, efficacious; emphatic, imperative, telling, striking.
2. severe, harsh, intensive, keen, acute, poignant, sharp.
3. extensive, extreme, draconian, far-reaching, considerable, broad, enormous, inordinate, egregious.
draw, v. 1. pull, tug, magnetize, Physiol, adduct; tow, haul, lug, drag, yank, hale; take in tow, lead, Naut. warp, Naut. kedge.
2. pull out, take out, extract, bring out; unsheathe, bare, produce, pull a gun.
3. attract, allure, invite, lure, entice; tempt, persuade, influence; interest, fascinate, catch [s.o.'s] eye, capture [s.o.'s] fancy, captivate, win, seduce; engage, elicit, call forth, invoke.
4. sketch, trace, mark out, lay out, outline, contour, scratch, map out, chart; depict, delineate, Archaic. limn, portray, represent, picture, diagram.
5. compose, create, frame, formulate, design, devise; form, fashion, shape, fabricate; envision, contrive, plan, plot.
6. inhale, suck in, breathe in, inspire, respire, Obs. sufflate, Literary, suspire.
7. deduce, infer, conclude, reason, derive; gather, glean, get; guess, presume, opine, reckon, suppose, think.
8. receive, get, obtain, accept; procure, secure, pick up; bring in, produce, gather, reap, cull; take in, acquire, earn, gain.