wheel, roll, trundle; move around, pass around, round, make rounds; convolute, coil, twist, convolve; roll, curl, furl, involute; incurve, curve; reel, wind, unwind.
circulation, n. 1. rotation, turn, circumrotation, revolution, circumvolution, volution; circling, compassing, rounding; gyration, gyre, spiral, pirouetting, spin, pivot, swivel, whirl, swirl, turbination; wheeling, rolling, trundling; convolution, coiling, twisting; circumvention, encircling, encompassing; rolling, curling, furling, involution; reeling, unwinding, winding.
2. flow, passage, circuit, round; orbit, tour, journey, excursion.
3. spreading, scattering, strewing, sprinkling, bestrewing; dissemination, dispersion, interspersion, distribution, propagation, diffusion; transmission, dispatch, conveyance; traveling, meandering; emanation, flowing, issuing, issuance.
4. advertisement, publicity, publication; publicizing, printing, publishing; proclamation, announcement, declaration, utterance, enunciation; reporting, divulging, repeating, repetition, bruiting; blazoning, trumpeting, broadcasting, heralding, notification; ventilation, venting, airing.
5. currency, acceptance, prevalence, vogue.
6. coinage, mintage, currency, coin, specie; paper money, legal tender, money, sterling, change.
circumference, n. perimeter, periphery, edge, rim, fringe, verge, skirt; circuit, compass, ambit, margin, frame, outline, confine, confines; brink, brow, brim, hem; bound, limit, bourn, pale, extremity, termination; limits, city limits, outer limits; border, frontier, frontier line, boundary, boundary line, bounding line, border line, partition line, line of demarcation, line.
circumjacent, adj. surrounding, circumscribing, circumscriptive, encircling, lying around, outlying, out-linear, peripheral, perimetric, circumferential; ambient, circumambient, encompassing, enveloping, enclosing, environing, circumfluent; enfolding, girding, engirding, encincturing.
circumlocution, n. 1. periphrasis, periphrase, pleonasm, tautology, redundancy, Inf. circumbendibus; verbiage, verbosity, wordiness, prolixity, profuseness, diffuseness, long-windedness, longiloquence; repetition, repetitiveness, tediousness, battology; digressiveness, discursiveness, maundering, convolution, circuitousness, wandering, rambling, meandering, roundaboutness, indirection, Archaic, ambages; ambiguousness, vagueness, beating around the bush; newspeak, bureaucratese, gobbledegook.
2. digression, excursus, cloud or smokescreen of words, Rare, tautologism.
circumlocutory, adj. periphrastic, pleonastic, tautological, redundant; verbose, wordy, prolix, profuse, diffuse, long-winded, longiloquent; repetitive, tedious, battological; digressive, discursive, circuitous, roundabout, indirect, maundering, meandering, wandering, rambling; ambiguous, vague, obscure.
circumscribe, v. 1. surround, encircle, circle, encompass, environ, outline, delineate; gird, engird, girdle, belt; circumvent, entrap.
2. bound, limit, confine, shut in, fence in, pen in, hem in, keep within bounds; restrict, curb, proscribe, prohibit, bar, forbid; restrain, check, bridle, trammel, bind, stay, hold in check; impede, hinder, hamper, tie one's hands.
3. demarcate, define, delimit, deliminate, mark off, rope off, stake out; determine, specify, fix, draw or mark boundaries.
circumspect, adj. 1. careful, cautious, mindful, heedful; guarded, on guard, alert, on the alert, watchful, discreet; chary, wary, leery, apprehensive, suspicious, Inf. cagey.