pierce, puncture, prick, pinprick, poke holes in, stick, shoot through. honeycombed, adj. cellular, cellulate, multicelled, alveolate, Anat., Zool. alveolar; perforated, porous, spongy, spongelike, holey, cribriform, cribld, sievelike; pin-pricked, pitted, riddled, shot through, punctured, pierced. honeyed, adj. 1. dulcet, mellifluous, mellifluent, sweet-sounding; melodious, melisonant, sonorous, resonant, full; mellow, soothing, soft, easy-listening, pleasant, agreeable.
2. flattering, cajoling, syrupy, sickeningly sweet, sugar-coated, Inf. buttery; ingratiating, ingratiatory, winsome, winning, charming, enchanting; smoothtongued, smooth, suave, unctuous.
3. sweetened, sweet, candied, nectared, nectarous, nectareous, nectarean, saccharine, sugared, sugary, honey, confectionary; rich, delicious, cloying, sickening. honor, n. 1. esteem, regard, consideration, respect; repute, reputation, note, good name, good report; distinction, notability, eminence, prestige, influence, authority; fame, bays, illustriousness, glory, exaltation.
2. honesty, integrity, probity, uprightness, truth, truthfulness, veracity; straightforwardness, forthrightness, justness, justice, fairness; righteousness, goodness, morality, decency; scrupulousness, principles, conscientiousness, moral fiber, self-respect; worth, merit, honorableness, rectitude; nobility, dignity, iz-zat, virtue, virtuousness; sincerity, candor, candidness, openness; trustworthiness, credibility, fidelity, faithfulness, constancy.
3. credit, pride, satisfaction, pleasure; joy, blessing, feather in the cap, ornament.
4. admiration, deference, veneration, adoration, adulation; acknowledgment, recognition, tribute, homage; approbation, approval, compliment; applause, praise, acclaim, acclamation; accolade, award, privilege, kudos; laurels, prize, trophy; laud, encomium, eulogy, eulogium.
5. chastity, virginity, purity, innocence; modesty, pudency.
-v. 6. revere, reverence, respect, admire, defer to, look up to; venerate, adore, worship, idolize; esteem, value, prize; appreciate, approve.
7. celebrate, pay homage or tribute to, lionize; praise, commend, compliment, laud, extol; applaud, acclaim, salute, hail, toast; cheer, hurrah, huzzah, let the welkin ring; eulogize, panegyrize, sing paeans to; glorify, exalt, dignify, ennoble, aggrandize, magnify.
8. reward, pay, crown, garland, deck with garlands, laurel. honorable, adj. 1. upright, upstanding, honest, incorruptible, uncorrupt, uncorrupted; ethical, moral, principled, high-principled, high-minded, noble-minded; truthful, veracious, veridical, truth-telling, truth-speaking, truth-loving, truth-dealing; trustworthy, Inf. trusty, to be trusted, responsible, reliable, dependable, tried and true, to be depended or relied upon, to be counted on as good as one's word, honest as the day is long; loyal, faithful, constant, staunch, stanch, steadfast, true, truehearted, true-blue.
2. noble, illustrious, venerable, Archaic, eximious; distinguished, prestigious, eminent, preeminent, prominent; noted, notable, of note, marked, of mark; honored, revered, esteemed, held in esteem or high esteem, respected, held in respect, exalted, high, held in high regard; celebrated, applauded, acclaimed, widely or highly acclaimed, admired, much admired, highly reputed, highly regarded, in favor, in high favor, highly considered, well-thought-of.