snippy, adj. 1. Informal, sharp, snappy, snappish, curt; short, short-spoken, abrupt, brusque; rude, uncivil, impolite; condescending, patronizing, haughty.
2. scrappy, fragmentary, disconnected, broken.
snivel, v. 1. snuffle, sniffle, sniff, snuff.
2. weep, blubber, cry, sob, boohoo, whine, whimper, mewl, pule.
3. run at the nose, drip at the nose, Inf. have a runny or running nose, Inf. have the sniffles.
-n. 4. whining, whimpering, mewling, puling, crying, tears, weeping, blubbering, sobbing; pretended weeping, crocodile tears, false or stage tears.
5. sniff, snuff, sniffle, snuffle.
6. mucus, phlegm, Inf. snot. snob, n. Inf snoot, Inf, stuffed shirt, SI. stiff-neck, social climber, condescending or pretentious person; egotist, egoist, Inf swellhead, braggart, boaster, Inf. phony, show-off. snobbery, n. snobbishness, snobbiness, snobbism, condescension, condescendence, patronage; conceit, conceitedness, Inf uppishness, Inf snootiness, Inf snottiness; arrogance, high horse, haughtiness, hauteur, cavalierness, cavalierism; contemptuousness, contempt, disdainfulness, disdain, scornfulness, scorn, superciliousness, Inf. sniffiness; loftiness, lordliness, pompousness, pomposity, stuffiness, pretentiousness, pretension, airs, affectation; pride, proudness, vaingloriousness, vainglory, vanity, vainness, Inf swell-headedness, puffiness, inflatedness; self-importance, egocentricity, egocentrism, narcissism, self-love, selfesteem, self-admiration, self-worship; self-centeredness, self-conceit, egoism, egotism, boastfulness, brag-gartism, bragging; overconfidence, cockiness, cocksureness, smugness, complacency, self-satisfaction. snobbish, adj. snobby, conceited, Inf. stuck-up, condescending, patronizing, Inf. uppity, Inf. uppish, Inf. snotty, Inf. snooty; arrogant, Inf. up on one's high horse, haughty, cavalier, cavalierly, contemptuous, disdainful, scornful, supercilious, sniffish, Inf sniffy; Inf. high-hat, above-it-all, lofty, lordly, high and mighty, pompous, high-flown, pretentious, Inf. highfalutin, hoity-toity, stuffy; proud, prideful, over-proud, vainglorious, vain, stuck on oneself, Inf. swellheaded, Inf. bigheaded, puffy, puffed up, inflated; self-important, egocentric, narcissistic, self-loving, self-esteeming, self-admiring, self-worshiping; selfcentered, egoistic, egoistical, egotistical, egotistic; overconfident, cocky, cocksure, too sure of oneself, Inf riding for a fall, smug, complacent, self-satisfied; boastful, braggart, bragging, crowing, Scot. vaunty, peacockish, show-offish.
snore, v. All SI. saw wood, saw logs saw gourds. snort, v. 1. grunt, honk, oink; sniff, snuffle; chortle, snicker.
-n. 2. grunt, honk; chortle, snicker.
3. Slang. (all of liquor) drink, shot, nip, spot, tot, jigger, Inf. finger or two; sip, sup, Inf. swig, Inf. swill, Inf. pull, Inf. jolt, Inf. a quickie or quick one; swallow, Inf slug, Inf. guzzle, Inf. gargle. snow, n. 1. snowfall, blanket of snow; blizzard, snowstorm, snow squall; flurry, snow flurries.
2. Slang, a. cocaine, SI. coke, SI. C, SI. blow, Brit. SI. charlie. b. heroin, SI. H, SI. horse, SI. smack, SI. scag, SI. junk.