Tips for Portfolio Photography
What should be in a photography portfolio
Some experts say that a portfolio is a printed presentation of your best work until now, showing the breadth of your skills. Some say a portfolio should be tailored to the customer youandre approaching. If your portfolio is a traditional folder of printed photographs, it will be much less dynamic than an online gallery could be. If youandre just starting out, youandll want to add your latest great stuff often, so choose a medium thatands easy to update.
Consider your audience. If you want to do weddings, your portfolio would contain portraits of couples, groups, wedding events like getting ready throwing the bouquet, and still life shots including flowers, rings, and invitations. If you want to work for a conservation group, youandll need landscapes, activities such as clean up days, close ups of special plants or animals found in their area, and maybe a portrait of the founder. DO YOUR RESEARCH Know your prospective customerands needs and show that you can fill them.
is a verb and sale
is a noun:
- I'm going to sell
my car and buy a new one.
- She's selling bottles of water at the football game.
- Yesterday I sold all of my old college textbooks on the internet.
- The bookstore is having a Christmas sale
- everything is 20% off. (20% off = 20% discount)
- The sales of our new product are slowly increasing.
- This watch is normally $100, but it's on sale for $70.
(on sale = there is a discount)