Idiom of the Day
to be in tune with the latest fads or ideas or fashions
My aunt is switched on and knows everything about many recent movies.
The Best Pokemon
One of the most intimidating Pokemon ever the Volcarona. Named vaguely synonymous with the volcano, this bug is a sure threat for any team. The earlier it is dealt with the better. Delay can cause havoc. It is also commonly called as the Sun Pokemon. With six huge wings, embers are constantly scattered by this bug as it flies about. The development of this Pokemon is very slow but it is common knowledge that patience results in good things. The fiery dance signature move of this bug is the sign of an impending attack. It s believed to have been worshipped.
Many adverbs end in -ly for example happily, nicely. But some words that end in -ly are adjectives, not adverbs.
- The most important are friendly, lovely, lonely, ugly, silly, cowardly, likely, unlikely.
- She gave me a friendly smile. Her singing was lovely
There are no adverbs friendly or friendlily, lovely or lovelily, etc. We have to use different structures.
- She smiled at me in a friendly way (NOT She smiled at-me friendly )
- He gave a silly laugh. (NOT He laughed silly )
Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and early are both adjectives and adverbs.
- It's a daily paper. It comes out daily.
- an early train I got up early.