Idiom of the Day
stick to (something)
to never change or abandon something, to keep something
The man tried to stick to his opinions during the discussion.
Global Dial Code
Exit Country Code + 596 + The Number
The Martinique country code is 596. The nationality of Martinique is Martiniquais.The capital of Martinique is Fort-de-FranceLargest Cities in Martinique by population: Fort-de-France, Le Lamentin, Le Robert, Sainte-Marie, Le Francois, Ducos, Saint-Joseph, La Trinite, Riviere Pilote, Gros-Morne. Local Telephone Prefix: No trunk codes in Martinique, just dial direct when calling domestic.
Many adverbs end in -ly for example happily, nicely. But some words that end in -ly are adjectives, not adverbs.
- The most important are friendly, lovely, lonely, ugly, silly, cowardly, likely, unlikely.
- She gave me a friendly smile. Her singing was lovely
There are no adverbs friendly or friendlily, lovely or lovelily, etc. We have to use different structures.
- She smiled at me in a friendly way (NOT She smiled at-me friendly )
- He gave a silly laugh. (NOT He laughed silly )
Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and early are both adjectives and adverbs.
- It's a daily paper. It comes out daily.
- an early train I got up early.