Modern History (Civil Service Examination), Questions and Answers, GK for UPSC, Bank PO & All Exams
With which one of the following mountain tribes did the British first come into contact with after the grant of Diwani in the year 1765? 
Which one of the following provisions was not made in the Charter Act of 1833? 
The trading activities of the East India Company were to be abolished
The designation of the supreme authority was to be changed as the Governor-General of India in Council
All law-making powers to be conferred on Governor- General in Council
An Indian was to be appointed as a Law Member in the 50. Governor-General's Council
With reference to colonial rule in India, what was sought by the Ilbert Bill in 1883? 
To bring Indians and Europeans on par as far as the criminal jurisdiction of courts was concerned
To impose severe restrictions on the freedom of the native press as it was perceived to be hostile to colonial rulers
To encourage the native Indians to appear for civi service examinations by conducting them in India
To allow native Indians to posses arms by amendi the Arms Act
Which one of the fol lowing is the correct chronological order of the battles fought in India in the 18th Century? 
Battle of Wandiwash-Battle of Buxar-Battle of Ambur- Battle of Plassey
Battle of Ambur-Battle of Plassey-Battle of Wandiwash-Battle of Buxar
Battle of Wandiwash-Battle of Plassey-Battle of Ambur-Battle of Buxar.
Battle of Ambur-Battle of Buxar- Battle of Wandiwash-Battle of Plassey.
Which one of the following territories was not affected the Revolt of 1857? 
With reference to Pondicherry (now Puducherry), consider the following statements: 
1. The first European power to occupy Pondicherry were the Portuguese.
2. The second European power to occupy Pondicherry were the French.
3. The English never occupied Pondicherry.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Consider the following statements:
1. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar founded the Bethune School at Calcutta with the main aim of encouraging education for women.
2. Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay was the first graduate of the Calcutta University.
3. Keshav Chandra Sen's campaign against Sati led to the enactment of a law to ban Sati by the then Governor General.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? 
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
Who among the following started the newspaper Shome Prakash? 
Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
Raja Rammohan Roy
Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched? 
Pitt's India Act : Warren Hastings
Doctrine of Lapse : Dalhousie
Vernacular Press Act: Curzon
IIbert Bill : Ripon
In India, the first Bank of limited liability managed by Indi and founded in 1881 was: .
Hindustan Commercial Bank
Oudh Commercial Bank
Punjab National Bank
Punjab and Sind Bank Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
1. World Geography -Test-01
2. World Geography -Test-02
3. World Geography -Test-03
4. Geography of India -Test-01
5. Geography of India -Test-02
6. Geography of India -Test-03
7. Geography of India -Test-04
8. Geography of India -Test-05
9. History of India - Test - 01
10. History of India - Test - 02
11. History of India - Test - 03
12. History of India - Test - 04
13. History of India - Test - 05
14. History of India - Test - 06
15. History of India - Test - 07
Benefits of Bitter Gourd
Worlds Most Beautiful Small Towns
Rules to play Wheelchair Basketball
The Rules of Stretching
How to Maintain Good Hygiene
Awesome Modular Kitchen Designs
Benefits of Cloves
Temporarily treat a toothache
You can temporarily alleviate the pain by dabbing a little clove oil on a cotton ball and placing it on the sore tooth or on your gums. An added benefit is that it will also pull out any infection.